Many webmasters believe that creating a high-quality website is the basis for promoting a business on the Internet. But in fact, this is not so, the production of a site is only the beginning of a long way to optimize it and advertise your services on the Internet.
The process of developing a business on the network can be divided into the following stages:
- – Preparation of technical specifications
- – Website design development
- – Website programming
- – Website Optimization
- – Usability edits
- – Web site advertising
As you can see, there are many stages. In more detail, we will focus on one, very important process, which is called editing usability. What is it? Well, everything is very simple. Imagine yourself in the place of an ordinary visitor to your site, just assume that you got to your site for the first time. Try to formulate the shortcomings of your finished project from the point of view of an ordinary user. It is very important to convey to the user the information that you originally planned to convey when creating the site.
Now, let us take a closer look at the facts that affect the usability of the website:
– Between the pages of the site should be created convenient transitions. Links should lead not only to the main page, but also to adjacent pages, so that instead of 2-3 clicks to the desired page, the user does only one.
- Write texts for people, not for robots. Today it has become fashionable to optimize texts for search queries and make them relevant for the bots Google and other search engines, but webmasters are completely forgotten. that the text was originally written for people. You yourself will not read incoherent. A keyword-filled text that is extremely difficult to understand.
- Highlight important information. Try to make the user initially pay attention to that link. To which is most important to you.
- Use the services to collect site traffic statistics, they will give you a clear picture of which pages are visited and which are not, which will help you quickly identify the causes of failure.
- Remember that high site traffic is by no means a guarantee of success. It is important to attract the target audience., Your potential customers to the site. Do not spend your money on advertising in completely unnecessary directions.
- Do not litter your site with unnecessary materials. Simplicity and clarity are the key to success!
Following these tips, you can always be sure that the visitor to your site will find exactly what he was looking for, and you will get a new client for your business.