What makes blogs popular
Recently, blogs are very popular. They are easy to install, configure and manage, they allow you to express yourself, share experiences and ideas with like-minded people, they are sources of unique and regularly updated content, which attract search engines.
However, in order for your blog to be actively found by targeted visitors, you need to make sure that your blog has good visibility in search engines.
A guide to make targeted visitors from the largest Google search engine active in 30 days or less.
50. Write your blog CMS or use WordPress’s. WordPress is the best and most popular free blogging platform on the Internet. Install FeedBurner to count the number of subscribers to your RSS feed. The next step is to install the Google Analytics analysis system code and site map. Also make sure your blog pings basic services like Technorati.
49. Do not bother with building Google PageRank. The gross mistake of the majority is the pursuit of high numbers in the Google Bar. Do not bother, but just actively develop your blog in a natural way – over time, the indicators will be the reward for this!
48. Write a variety of content. Content on your blog should reveal the topic of your choice from every angle.
47. Use a conversational style. Communicate with your readers in a language they understand. Do not show off, using various professional terms, known to a narrow circle of specialists. You write for your readers, so be so kind as to make them understand everything.
46. Provide the option to “Recommend to a friend”. Often, when your reader likes your content, he wants to recommend it to his friends and colleagues. In this situation, the best solution is to place a script that allows you to send links to your favorite pages on various emails.
45. Explore competitor sites. Be sure they do the same. Here’s a secret to you one useful Spyfu resource that allows you to get some necessary data about competitors’ sites and their visitors. Based on the data, you can find new ways to develop your blog.
44. Remember the basics of SEO. Optimize your blog page titles, use catchy meta descriptions and link only to quality resources.
43. Page titles should be meaningful, not a set of keywords. Another common mistake for beginners. Search engines do not like such headings as they do not like spam at all with keywords. Meaningful headers are able to attract users + well perceived by search engines. Typically, headings contain 40% of the keywords while other words contain the rest 60%.
42. Add your blog to blog directories. The Internet has a number of authoritative and high-quality large directories, such as DMOZ or Yahoo. Besides that each such link is authoritative, thus, these directories will make some traffic.
41. Create or edit the category names of your blog so that they contain keywords.
40. Always keep your content up to date. Keep track of all changes regularly. As soon as something changes, the corresponding content requires updating.
39. Regularly write thematic content. This is very important both in terms of competent blogging, and in terms of SEO. Search bots are more likely to visit only regularly updated sites.
38. Engage in guest blogging. By publishing on niche thematic blogs, you are expanding your target audience even further.
37. Avoid non-unique content. All non-unique content cited from other resources should be isolated in the form of quoting using appropriate tags.
36. Name your authors by name. If, for example, Bob’s publication was published on your blog, then after this publication, be sure to thank him, for example, like this: “Thank you, Bob!”
35. Make friends with the owners of thematic blogs. Try to get permission to post your publications on their blogs (guest blogging).
34. Be sure to contact your authors and thank them. Many bloggers do not do this, which is a shame. If you follow this advice, then the chance that these users will become your regular ones increases significantly.
33. Engage in building the external link mass by the viral route. Much has been said about linkbaiting techniques for obtaining a large number of external links.
32. Make sure your site is optimized for Technorati. Set avatar, pings, use tags.
31. Do not advertise on the blog. If you can not resist the temptation (there are good offers), then take a place under it at the bottom of the blog pages.
30. Optimize the code of the blog pages, make the markup semantic. If this is not your cup of tea, hire specialists.
29. Forget about Alexa. Many beginners misunderstand the essence of the Alexa algorithm – it ranks sites by popularity.
28. Maintain the quality of your blog content. Continue to publish quality and useful publications on a regular basis. Try to cover important events first, solve immediate problems of representatives of your target audience, etc.
27. Create yourself or order an upscale blog design and add it to the gallery of designs. You can also hire a designer who will do excellent designs for you as necessary.
26. Create and announce your accounts on the sites of some social networks. Join the communities you are interested in and take an active part in them.
25. Focus on promoting your blog to start with 3 key phrases. Promoted phrases should be found in the titles of promoted pages on the site, and appropriate texts should be optimized for them.
24. Get sponsored links only on thematic sites. These links are many times more useful than links from non-thematic resources. In addition, such a link can attract targeted visitors to your blog.
23. Participate regularly in discussions on forums and blogs. As you know, the topics on the forums lose their relevance very quickly, in their place come new, relevant in the next short time, etc. The same story with comments on blog posts. In order for your links to be noticed by the maximum number of users in the community, you need to participate in relevant discussions.
22. Publish new content on weekdays. This is due to the fact that mainly users are sitting on-line on weekdays, and on weekends they relax from the computer, the Internet and work.
21. Write content for unprepared readers. Mini-guides are now very popular, but not all of them will be understandable to beginners due to the fact that the author did not consider it necessary to point out, in his opinion, the obvious steps. Do not forget or ignore beginners.
20. Always indicate the source of your content.
19. Focus on the content component. If you don’t have a unique and crucial problem for your target audience of content, then where will the natural incoming links come from?
18. Arrange voting. People like to speak out. Create a voting topic where respondents will be required to explain their point of view in addition to the voice.
17. Organize polls. They are more effective than voting. With the help of surveys you can find out anything. For example, if you have an online store, you can find out which products are of most interest to potential buyers and why.
16. Write about popular brands or personalities where appropriate. It doesn’t matter if you blog about fashion or anything else. You can assign the name of a famous brand or personality according to the situation, the main thing is that the search robot indexes in the right combination.
15. Find and start handing out some useful freebies. Freebies rule the Internet. If you offer something free and very useful, which is not found anywhere else on the Internet, then you will hit the jackpot!
14. Answer questions in Google groups and Yahoo Answers. Every day people ask a lot of questions there in various fields of knowledge. Help with sage and practical advice, become a professional in their eyes, earn trust.
13. Add images and videos to your posts. No wonder they say it is better to see once than to hear 100 times! Images and videos attract Internet users, take advantage of this.
12. Start a Questions & Answers section on your blog and act as an expert.
11. Spread your content over the Web. Find article directories and add content to them, receiving a return link to your blog in return.
10. Update your blog regularly. If you do not update your blog, then it will lose relevance. Both users and search engines will lose interest in it.
9. Create a personal page on Wikipedia, on which indicate the link to your blog.
8. Publish niche news on reputable niche resources.
7. Create a block of links to related publications in each post. Users interested in the topic under study will be satisfied by receiving more links to publications on the topic of interest.
6. Respond to comments on your blog. Thus, you will show your readers that the blog has an active and sociable author and prove yourself as an expert in your field!
5. Link your blog posts with the right anchors.
4. Try to receive incoming links from thematic resources.
3. Drive traffic to your blog. Write non-standard publications that can attract the attention of the audience and cause a heated debate!
2. Keep your blog coherent and consistent.
1. Create your own friendly network. Make acquaintances with the people you need and interested in your area of specialization.
So, if you have completed all these steps and achieved success, then you can start to think about monetizing your creation!